Great Basin’s Bordetella Direct Test detects Bordetella pertussis directly from the patient specimen, identifying the bacterium behind the highly-contagious respiratory disease commonly known as whooping cough.
Advantage of the Great Basin Bordetella Direct Assay over conventional culture methodology
The CDC specifies PCR to be an important tool for diagnosis of pertussis, especially subsequent to the current resurgence of pertussis disease. PCR can provide timely results with improved sensitivity over culture. Conventional laboratory based culture testing for pertussis have variable low sensitivity between 12 and 60%. Culture can take 7 to 10 days to report and negative result does not rule out pertussis infection. The Great Basin Bordetella Direct Test provides results in less than two hours with an NPA of 99.6%
Advantages of Great Basin’s Bordetella Direct Test sample-to-result assay
- Less than 1-minute hands-on time: 50µl of swab media is pipetted directly into assay cartridge. That’s it!
- Universal nasopharyngeal swab and media types simplifies patient sample collection
- Sample-to-result, detects pertussis
- Exceptional performance
- Competitively priced with no instrumentation costs or assay purchase minimums
The Great Basin System
Great Basin’s System employs an integrated disposable cartridge containing all necessary reagents, and a bench-top analyzer that executes the assay, interprets the results and provides electronic output to the clinician.
- True sample-to-result with less than 1 minute of hands-on time
- On-demand testing; no batching of tests that delay results