The Toxigenic Clostridium difficile (C. diff) assay is a DNA test that detects pathogens from a patient’s raw stool sample. The sample-to-result molecular test detects Toxigenic C. diff by targeting the Toxin B gene (tcdB) with fewer hands-on steps than competitors.
Need for Testing
Toxigenic C. diff causes 15-25% of antibiotic associated diarrhea. Toxigenic C. diff intestinal colonization can cause Clostridium difficile infection (CDI) when antibiotic use disrupts normal intestinal flora. According to the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology, the prevalence and mortality rate of CDI has risen markedly since 2003. Early recognition of CDI with accurate and timely diagnosis is essential to aid vital patient management decisions.
Advantage of Great Basin’s Toxigenic Clostridium difficile Assay over conventional culture methodology
- Conventional tests have laborious methodology, poor sensitivity and long turnaround times (<96 hours)
- Great Basin’s C. diff Assay has easy-to-use molecular methodology, higher sensitivity and a faster turnaround time (~90 mins)
The Great Basin System
Great Basin’s System employs an integrated disposable cartridge containing all necessary reagents, and a bench-top analyzer that executes the assay, interprets the results and provides electronic output to the clinician.
- True sample-to-result with no more than two to three hands-on steps
- On-demand testing; no batching of tests that delay results
Clostridium difficile Sample-to-Result Assay
- Detects Toxigenic Clostridium difficile species by targeting the Toxin B (tcdB) gene
- Sample-to-result Test detects Toxigenic C. diff pathogens from a patient’s stool sample with fewer hands-on steps than competitor’s molecular tests
- Actionable results: The sensitivity and speed of Great Basin’s Clostridium difficile Assay allows for accurate and timely detection of Toxigenic C. diff pathogens which is essential to aid in therapy selection and improve patient outcome, prevent disease spread and lessen negative impacts on healthcare systems.
For more information on the Portrait Toxigenic C. difficile Assay or to purchase our system, please Contact Great Basin Sales