There have been a recent rash of ransomware attacks throughout the world and while no Great Basin analyzers have been compromised, we are proactively releasing an update that will help to ensure that the PA500 (Great Basin analyzer) is not susceptible to the “WannaCrypt (also known as WannaCry) Ransomware” and its variants. The PA500 is not intended to be permanently connected to a network/internet, however there are times that Great Basin will require the system to be put online for assistance in troubleshooting, thus we recommend you install this update.
Installing the update is easy. Follow the instructions below to download the update or contact our engineering support department at 801-990-1055;188 or firstname.lastname@example.org to set-up a time to install the update. Once the engineering support team has placed the file on the analyzer, it will take about 5 minutes to complete the update.
1) Downloading instructions
- Click the “Download Software Update V02486” button below
- Save the file to a thumb drive.
- Insert the thumb drive into the PA500.
2) Installing “WannaCrypt Ransomware” Update
- Close the PA500 software.
- Login to the control platform as standard user. See immediate manager for password.
- Obtain a copy of GBUpdate_02486-001-00.exe, P/N 02486-001-XX, from the corresponding Document Control folder.
- Run GBUpdate_02486-001-00.exe
- In the main window click “Proceed”. A warning prompt will appear, click Yes.
- Once the installation completes, the system reboot automatically.
- To complete the update, allow the system to complete the reboot and load back to the login screen.
Visit support.microsoft.com for more information on the “WannaCrypt Ransomware” issue.